Wednesday, November 19, 2008

2 months old

Today Braylen is 2 months old.....I can't believe it....and yes....so much has changed. She is so alert and wide eyed....she focuses on EVERYTHING.....she tends to remind me of Stevie Wonder and how he moves his head back and forth while he is singing.....okay maybe I only think that but it is funny! We got a good routine down in the mornings and we are slowly developing an evening routine...which I am loving. I can pretty much guess now when she is going to sleep during the day...when her wake time is going to be....which feeding she really isn't going to care about...and when she is getting tired/cranky.....I also love figuring all that out...it has taken time but it definitely helps....! Braylen's fussiness has also died down...I mean she still has a little in the evening but it is only because she is tired....in fact....the only time she really crys is when she wants something....food....sleep...warmth...or to be held (which my mother in law has completely spoiled Braylen and now she always wants to be held....NO BIG DEAL...right? ha!) Knock on wood but last night was the first night I actually got 5 hours of sleep....she slept for a long time. I woke up at 4:00am wondering...oh my gosh...did I not hear her...is she really sleeping.....is this for real???? I probably am speaking too soon but if this was the only night I get this for even a few more weeks...I am VERY THANKFUL......so way to go Braylen...given your ole ma a break...hehheee! Today we went to Braylen's 2 month well visit. It went very well and she got 2 shots and one oral vaccine. I will admit...she was perfect and she is GROWING SO MUCH...she weighed a little over 11lbs and is now 23 inches long...my baby girl is a BIG girl.....momma is feeding her good! Dr. Khan said she looks excellent and was very pleased. Then the nurse comes in to give her her shots and of course I am getting already sad for Braylen.....so she sticks her in her upper left hip and I am up by Braylen's face...and all of a sudden her mouth just shoots open...wide as can be.....with NO NOISE coming out....and then this yell...and then the nurse does it again...I mean...OUCH....I now have tears in my eyes. All I could think was Braylen did so good for me during the night last night.,....I just want to reward her...and the I bring her here to get shots.....I mean it is rewarding her by fighting off viruses but come on...poor thing...I felt horrible. Fortunately....since I am breastfeeding....I immediately put her on and that soothed her right to sleep. So I was thankful for the good ole milk on demand.....and so was Braylen. Well the Holidays are coming up and I look forward to having more stories to share with LOTS of photos...I promise! She will get to spend hopefully lots of time with her aunts and uncles....so we can't wait!!


2 comments:

Becka said...

She is the sweetest! I chuckled when I read that she weighs a little over 11 lbs. Reagan will be 5 months on Saturday and is only 11.9 lbs. Great job sticking with the nursing! I love your background selection.

I have an e-mail from you that I still need to reply to...will do that very soon!

Even God Is Single said...

So sweet... I'm glad you got some sleep. I'm flying to see Stella tonight. She called me the other day and asked me to help her pick out an outfit for her first Thanksgiving. She's very excited about the turkey.

She also told me she's excited to stay home from school tomorrow to hang out with me. They grow up so fast. It's like she was just born a few months ago...........