Monday, August 31, 2009

Almost 1 years old...



Well the time is almost here....Braylen is about to have her 1year birthday and we are celebrating her party this coming up Saturday! We chose to have it a little early because my side of the family all would not be able to attend on her actually birthday date....bummer! However, I would rather change the date to have everyone come....so we can't wait! More details to come on that!

The day Braylen turned 11 mths was the day I started the weaning process from breast milk! At that time I was only nursing twice a day, morning and evening. I decided to drop the evening feeding first, based on the fact that she usually falls asleep while I am nursing her and has become dependent on that putting her to sleep....most of the time she hardly even finishes her milk. So the process wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. I tried putting her STORAGE milk in bottles and give it to her before she goes to bed but she wouldn't take it from me at all and then we learned quickly she didn't want the bottle at all either no matter who was feeding it to her. So then I switched the STORAGE milk to her sippy cups and started giving it to her before dinner and let her have it till she finishes.....this has WORKED WONDERFULLY and has been a success! As for me, it only took about a good 3 days for my breast to realize that I didn't need milk in the evenings anymore!


So I do still feed her in the mornings and plan on dropping that a week before she actually turns the BIG ONE! I think it will be more difficult on my part than hers but I am SO READY to be done! Once I run out of my STORAGE milk then I will start giving her Whole Milk...well actually I am going to start putting a little in her sippy cup with the breast milk so the taste isn't a complete shock to her.


That has been the big change thus far, still no walking....just pushing items and standing....she might take a step or two but that is it! She is defining more words and definitely is starting to mimick what we do. She holds the phone up to her ear, she trys to brush her hair with the comb, she just copies me or Grant....it is hilarious! We look forward to her party and I can't wait to tell you all about it!








3 comments:

The Lichtenberg's said...

Can't wait for her big party! She is so cute and I love that she is starting to mock you guys...that's a great stage!

startsinmynose said...

her hair is getting so long! shes getting so big!

Ella Marie said...

She is so cute!! She has grown so much. She doesn't look baby anymore! I am so proud of you for nursing her this long! You beat me for sure. You did a GREAT job mom. I can't wait to hear all about her party. Miss you guys! Give her a BIG bday hug and kiss