Saturday, March 21, 2009

6 Months....

Yesterday was Braylen's 6 month birthday...wahoo! We went to her 6 month check-up and she came out perfectly AVERAGE. She weighs 16lbs and is 26 inches long. She is my healthy, growing cupcake....I could just eat her baby rolls up!!! She is learning very quickly how to master sitting up and being on all fours. She cracks me up making her way all over the floor trying to grab certain toys....at times I look over and she is completely under the coffee table.....she goes everywhere and is pulling/sliding herself to whatever she wants. We started some solids....and the sweet potatoes went well and the carrots did also. The peas...were NO GOOD....I couldn't even taste them....they looked and smelled aweful! Watching her eat the new foods is hilarious! She reverts back...as if she has put a handfull of chopped raw onions in her mouth....it makes me laugh so hard (she is probably thinking...what is so funny!!!!) Anywho, her POOPS have definitely changed now....! I know all of you will think this is gross but her breastfeeding POOPS....have never bothered me...in fact...I enjoyed the smell....well....ya know what I mean....but these SOLID poops (solid to some degree) is GROSS!!! I mean....that true saying of what goes in must come out....well it is...and is smells FOUL...to say the least. We will be getting Braylen's 6 mth pics in 2 weeks.....! We can't wait...I am so excited to get them done....! I leave for a Vegas trip next week....3 days away from Braylen....VERY SAD...hard to think about! I know I need this break but I will miss her and Grant so very much. The other annoying thing about my trip though is I will be pumping the whole time out there.....ugh...! But she is SO SO SO worth every annoying part of that. I will let you all know how we do without each other. I also had to throw a pic of my sis's baby shower.....not many have seen her pregnant so here is a shot of here at 7 1/2 months prego. Doesn't she look great!!!

4 comments:

The Cooks said...

I LOVE those smiles & can't believe how good she's sitting up now! Isn't it amazing how fast they change!?!? Have a blast in Vegas... I know you will! ;)

Julie said...

UH! I am so missing you all right now! I was loving reading what Braylen is doing, and remembering what it's like, also I was picturing you as Mommy - just sitting back and marveling at the amazing little love that God has given you - it's so cool to see them growing and changing... then came the poop saga - only, how fitting, I mean don't you call Lis just to talk to her about poop?? Only you 2! :-) LOL
and the picture of Elisabeth pregnant! Too awesome! I love it! Do you have her blogging yet???
When is her due date?
I can't wait to see you all!

Nate has some crazy long training in June - but we're trying to work it out to make to Alabama with the family - so maybe in a few months... :-)

Love you! Miss you!

The Lichtenberg's said...

I absolutely LOVE the "my cupcake" picture!!! She looks adorable! I can't believe you tasted the baby food....I wouldn't touch it which is probably why Haley wouldn't eat it either :)

Amanda and Tyler Shelley said...

I can't believe she is already 6 months! She is so cute and the smiles are contagious! I love to look at the pictures! I know you guys had a blast in Vegas! Hope to see you soon