Saturday, September 19, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Braylen

Well...it is official...our little girl has turned ONE YEARS OLD TODAY...whoa! This past year has been full of life changing memories and a beautiful, wonderful, special little baby! We are so blessed to have her in our lives and to be able to have familyand friends around to share our little joy with. So as I promised I would post some pictures of Braylens birthday party! I don't have many, my sister Lis has those so I am waiting for them because I don't have a camera anymore....I know, I know....it is on the list to get! I also have several videos of her birthday party...but those take a little while to upload so I will post those in another blog. So the birthday party was at Central park...a park close to our home....and Braylen invited all her friends to come play with us. The weather was perfect....we played on the playground for a while then we came back to the tables and had a picnic. Braylen asked me to make all her friends, PB &J's that were in shapes of flowers or butterflys and then they had goldfish, animal crackers, swisscake rolls, and a fruit cup...yum, yum! After lunch was eaten up, we then decided to sing Braylen Happy Birthday and let her dive into her smash cake. At first I don't think she knew what to do but then once she realized Grant or I weren't stopping her...she went for it....and I think she LOVED it! WHile she played with her cake....everyone else had a piece of the big sheet cake....which was DELICIOUS...or at least the icing was...which is my favorite part!


So after Cake, we then cleaned up Braylen and started opening all her fun gifts from her friends and family! She helped a little but wasn't super interested in just sitting there. Who could blame a child who is now all sugared up...geez! All in all the party was a success and I think everyone was pleased!


Since today is the real birthday, Grant and I decided to take Braylen to a pottery place and paint some pottery with Braylen...we plan to make this a tradition.....we will see how long that last. Since it is raining that is truely the only reason we chose to do it but I think we all enjoyed our time there and will do it again. I left the fun plate at the pottery place so they could fire it....when I pick it up I will take a picture and share her birthday tradition with you all. We then had some icecream at coldstone.....I thought to get the birthday cake flavor...but she didn't really go for it and neither did Grant or I....it was floury tasting...no lie!


So much more to share but I will have to do it later when I have more pictures to post....you know everyone would much rather see the picture....! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRAYLEN......love you!!!!

3 comments:

The Lichtenberg's said...

Happy 1st Birthday Braylen! I love the pictures and of course Haley loved your b-day party!

Becka said...

Happy 1st birthday, Bray!!! And congrats to you and Grant for a successful first year as parents! Love you all!

Randi Rasar said...

OMG!!! Sarah and Grant..she is beautiful. Her face is a complete mix of the two of you and it makes me smile thinking of both of you as teens. Her cake was so cute too...watermelons..so Southern!! I'm freaking in love with her face.